This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modeling of Automotive Passenger Compartment and Its Air Conditioning System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 23, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Valeo Climate control is developing a software package for the design and simulation of car air-conditioning systems. This software package aims to improve Valeo's response to customer requirements concerning delays for design and sizing car air-conditioning systems performances and cost reduction. Further it shall help to capitalize our competence and expertise on the A/C systems. The comparisons between simulation and tests give a good level of accuracy.
The software consists of three modules:
- A first module for car cabin thermal simulation in dynamic and stationary conditions.
- A second module for the determination and optimization of the A/C system components.
A third module is under development for the dynamic simulation of the A/C system in non-standard operating conditions.
CitationKhamsi, Y., Petitjean, C., and Pomme, V., "Modeling of Automotive Passenger Compartment and Its Air Conditioning System," SAE Technical Paper 980288, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/980288.
- Matlab/simulink: language of technical Computing and dynamic simulation (Mathworks Inc) USA.
- ASHRAE , 1990 ASHRAE Handbook-Refrigeration, The American Society of Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning Inc., Atlanta, USA
- Webb R.L , 1990, Air-Side heat Transfer Correlations for Flat and Wavy Plate Fin-and-Tube Geometries, ASHRAE Transactions, Vol 96, Part 2, USA.
- Dirlea R., Hannay J.,Lebrun J.,and Pimenta J.  1994, «Experimental study and Performance Evaluation of a Refrigeration Compressor». Synthesis Report, University of Liège, Laboratory of thermodynamics, Liége Belgium.
- Silva, K.L , 1995, Simplified Approach for Reciprocating Compressors: Modeling Development and Experimental Analysis, Ph.D Thesis, Laboratory of thermodynamics, Liége Belgium.
- Rasvan,D, ,,,  1997 Performance Rating of refrigeration components, Ph.D Thesis, Laboratory of thermodynamics, Liége Belgium.