This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modeling of Automotive Passenger Compartment and Its Air Conditioning System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 23, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Valeo Climate control is developing a software package for the design and simulation of car air-conditioning systems. This software package aims to improve Valeo's response to customer requirements concerning delays for design and sizing car air-conditioning systems performances and cost reduction. Further it shall help to capitalize our competence and expertise on the A/C systems. The comparisons between simulation and tests give a good level of accuracy.
The software consists of three modules:
- A first module for car cabin thermal simulation in dynamic and stationary conditions.
- A second module for the determination and optimization of the A/C system components.
A third module is under development for the dynamic simulation of the A/C system in non-standard operating conditions.
|Technical Paper||Rapid Prototyping of ACC Algorithms with Virtual Human and Plant Models|
|Technical Paper||Integrated Numerical Modeling Process for Evaluating Automobile Climate Control Systems|
CitationKhamsi, Y., Petitjean, C., and Pomme, V., "Modeling of Automotive Passenger Compartment and Its Air Conditioning System," SAE Technical Paper 980288, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/980288.
- Matlab/simulink language of technical Computing and dynamic simulation Mathworks Inc USA
- ASHRAE 1990 ASHRAE Handbook-Refrigeration The American Society of Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning Inc. Atlanta, USA
- Webb R.L 1990 Air-Side heat Transfer Correlations for Flat and Wavy Plate Fin-and-Tube Geometries ASHRAE Transactions 96 USA
- Dirlea R. Hannay J. Lebrun J. Pimenta J. 1994 «Experimental study and Performance Evaluation of a Refrigeration Compressor» University of Liège, Laboratory of thermodynamics Liége Belgium
- Silva, K.L 1995 Simplified Approach for Reciprocating Compressors: Modeling Development and Experimental Analysis Laboratory of thermodynamics Liége Belgium
- Rasvan, D 1997 Performance Rating of refrigeration components Laboratory of thermodynamics Liége Belgium