This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Optimal Control of the Vehicular Powertrain with a Continuously Variable Transmission
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 17, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The cruise control as one of promising vehicle active control has been receiving a considerable attention in recent years, so the related problems are discussed in this paper. Mathematical model of the engine under the steady state and general dynamics equation of the Continuously Variable Transmission(CVT) are given, the regulating principle of the operating state of the engine is analyzed, and the conjugate gradient method employed to solve the optimal control problem of the vehicle in the cruise control is described, so the operating state of the engine could be controlled. At end of paper, some results are provided to verify the approach based on the vehicular powertrain with a hydromechanical CVT.
CitationWu, G., Shen, S., and Wang, H., "The Optimal Control of the Vehicular Powertrain with a Continuously Variable Transmission," SAE Technical Paper 973281, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/973281.
- Liu Qinghe Wu Guangqiang An Approach to System Identification of the Internal Combustion Engine for Automated Automobiles Japan 1997 9
- Guo Z. Y. Yang X. C. On Obtaining the Best Fuel Economy and Performance for Vehicles with Engine-CVT Transmission SAE 881735
- Goering C. E. Gui X. Q. Improving Fuel Economy by Computer Control of a Diesel Engine and Transmission SAE 891838
- Ye Qingkai Calculation Methods in Optimization and Optimal Control Science Press 1986
- Wu Guangqiang Research on the Theory and Optimal Control Law of a New Vehicle Powertrain [Ph. D. Dissertation] Jilin University of Technology 1994