This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Field Performance of Rubber Belted and MFWD Tractors in Southern Alberta Soils
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 08, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Traction performance and fuel efficiency tests were run at the Alberta Farm Machinery Research Centre to compare two different rubber belt tractors with two similar radial tire equipped mechanical front wheel drive tractors. Three different test methods were used in both tilled and untilled clay loam soil. The optimized systems showed only small differences in overall performance and efficiency in good traction conditions and at vehicle traction ratios of 0.4 to 0.5. This was also where both types of vehicle showed their best power delivery performance. Belted tractors showed their greatest benefit when operated at VTRs of 0.6 or higher or in soft or loose soil conditions.
|Technical Paper||Field Performance of Rubber Belt and MFWD Tractors in Texas Soils|
|Technical Paper||Rig and Road Tests Used in Development of Temperature Reduction Automotive Gear Oils|
CitationTurner, R., Shell, L., and Zoz, F., "Field Performance of Rubber Belted and MFWD Tractors in Southern Alberta Soils," SAE Technical Paper 972730, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/972730.
- Domier, K. W. Friesen 0. H. Townsend J. S. 1970 Traction Characteristics of Two- Wheel Drive, Four-Wheel Drive and Crawler Tractors ASAE Paper No. 70-149 St. Joseph, Michigan
- Esch, J. H. Bashford L. L. Von Bargen K. 1986 Tractive Performance of Rubber Belt Track and Four Wheel Drive Agricultural Tractors ASAE Paper No. 86-1546 St. Joseph, Michigan
- Turner, R. 1995 Comparison of Two and Four Track Machines to Rubber Tire Tractors in Prairie Soil Conditions SAE Paper No. 952097 Warrendale, Pennsylvania
- Zoz, F. 1997 Belt and Tire Tractive Performance SAE Paper No. 97-F67 Warrendale, Pennsylvania
- Shell, L. Zoz F. Turner R. 1997 Field Performance of Rubber Belt and MFWD Tractors in Texas Soils SAE Paper No. 95F-65 Warrendale, Pennsylvania
- Turner, R. 1993 A Simple System for Determining Tractive Performance in the Field ASAE Paper No. 93-1574 St. Joseph, Michigan
- Fox, R. M. Shell L. R. Batey A. 1990 Microprocessor Instrumentation System for Maximizing Tractor Performance (MICRO-MAX) ASAE Paper No. 90-1512 St. Joseph, Michigan
- Shell, L.R. Fox R.M. 1993 Tractor Analysis-Multiprocessor Data Telemetry System ASAE Paper 931010 ASAE
- ANSI/ASAE S296 4 DEC 95 General Terminology for Traction of Agricultural Tractors, Self - Propelled Implements, and Traction and Transport Devices ASAE St Joseph, Michigan