This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Robust Design of Elastic Mounting Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 20, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) is one of the main attributes in a passenger car. One of the key systems responsible for the overall NVH behaviour is the powertrain mounting system. The optimal layout of this system leads to the definition of a stochastic optimization problem. In this paper the background of the complexity of the powertrain mounting system is highlighted. In a first approach the optimization problem is solved with Design of Experiments (DOE) methods.
CitationVietor, T., Deges, R., Hampl, N., and Biirger, K., "Robust Design of Elastic Mounting Systems," SAE Technical Paper 971933, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/971933.
- Mass, H. Klier, H. Kräfte Springer-Verlag Wien 1981
- Eichhorn, U. Sauerwein, D. Schmitz, T. de Vlugt, A. Teubner, H.-J. 1995
- Biirger, K.-H. 1991
- Eschenauer, H.A. Koski, J. Osyczka, A. Multicriteria Design Optimization Springer Berlin 1990
- Vietor, T. Stochastic Optimization in Mechanical Engineering Marti, K. “Structural Reliability and Stochastic Structural Optimization” 1997
- Bandemer, H. Bellmann, A. Leipzig 1994
- N.N. RS/DISCOUVER Reference Manual Cambridge 1992