This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Road Bus Heat Loads Numerical and Experimental Evaluation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 19, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A mathematical simulation model was developed to calculate the cooling loads in a cab. The cooling loads calculations are described: Solar irradiation through glasses, conduction through the body walls and glasses, conduction through motor compartment, fresh air intake/infiltrations, people and equipments. Fields experiments were conducted to evaluate the conduction through walls and glasses and the total cooling load models. Precision less than 5% was gotten between experimental measurements and model results. In the summer situation, studies about the effects of the cab orientation, the time, the external paint and the tint of the glasses in changing the conduction and solar radiation cooling loads, were conducted. Cab orientation and the time can change this cooling loads by 225%. Variation by 30% was gotten from different paints and glasses.
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Interior Automotive Plastic Part Testing|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Sound Measurement - Construction Site|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Performance Requirements for Sealed Beam Motor Vehicle Headlamps|
CitationStancato, F. and Onusic, H., "Road Bus Heat Loads Numerical and Experimental Evaluation," SAE Technical Paper 971825, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/971825.
- KREITH, FRANK. Princípios de transmissão de calor. São Paulo, Edgard Bluscher, 1977, 550p.
- SILVA, R. M. Manual de termodinâmica e transferência de calor. São Paulo, Gremio Politécnico-DLP, 1980, 348p.
- ASHRE. Handbook of fundamentals, New York, 1982.
- HOLMAN, JACK PHILIP. Transferência de calor. São Paulo, MacGraw- Hill do Brasil, 1983, 639p.
- CRC Handbook of chemistry and physics, 66a edição. CRC Press, Florida, 1985-1986. pp.E-390, E-391.
- POSATA, NICOLA. Cálculo de ganho de calor por irradiação solar. Trabalho de formatura - Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica - Universidade de São Paulo, 1988.
- ASHRE. Handbook of fundamentals, New York, 1989.
- STANCATO, F. Fontes térmicas em cabines de veículos automotivos, sua avaliação e efeitos no ambiente interior. Dissertação (mestrado), Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica da Escola Politécnica - Universidade de São Paulo. 1992, 250p.