This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A “New” Method for Vehicle System Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A new procedure for component mode synthesis has been developed where the residual flexibility effects due to modes truncated from the analysis are properly accounted for. Superelement disk storage is minimized in the new method by saving the boundary and transformation matrices only. A special DMAP was developed to save the transformation matrices for data recovery degrees of freedom only. An external superelement is created with a small read only data base. Using this method with a frozen body design, full vehicle models can run on desktop workstations. The number of design iterations that an analyst can do in a given time is increased dramatically in the new method.
|Technical Paper||Development Procedure for Interior Noise Performance by Virtual Vehicle Refinement, Combining Experimental and Numerical Component Models|
|Technical Paper||Acoustic Analysis of a Light Truck Cab|
CitationNack, W., "A “New” Method for Vehicle System Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 971511, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/971511.
- Hurty, W.C. “Dynamic Analysis of Structural Systems Using Component Modes” AIAA J. 3 4 April 1965
- Craig, R.R. Bampton, M.C.C. “Coupling of Substructures for Dynamic Analysis” AIAA J. 6 1968
- Herting, D.N. “A General Purpose, Multi-Stage, Component Mode Synthesis Method” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design 1 1985
- Craig, R.R. Structural Dynamics: An Introduction to Computer Methods Wiley 1981
- Meirovitch, L. Computational Methods in Structural Dynamics Kluwer 1980
- Kardestuncer, H. Finite Element Handbook McGraw Hill 1987
- Friswell, M.I. Mottershead, J.E. Finite Element Model Updating in Structural Dynamics Kluwer 1995
- Kubomura, K. “A Theory of Substructure Modal Synthesis” J. Appl. Mech. 49 Dec 1982
- Leung, A.Y.T. Dynamic Stiffness and Substructures Springer 1993
- Rose, T.L. “Dmap Enhancements for Efficient Component Mode Synthesis with Superelements” MSC letter/Dmap to W. Nack March 1995
- Bathe, K.J. Finite Element Procedures Prentice Hall 1996