This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Monolithic Integrated Solution for MAP Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 24, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A monolithic sensing solution for manifold absolute pressure (MAP) is presented. This work includes examination of design, fabrication, temperature compensation, packaging and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing of the fully integrated monolithic sensor. The circuit uses integrated bipolar electronics and conventional IC processing. The amplification circuit consists of three op-amps, seven laser trimmable resistors, and other active and passive components. Also discussed is a summary of an automotive application MAP sensor general specification, test methods, assembly, packaging, reliability and media testing for a single chip solution.
CitationVerma, R., Baskett, I., Shah, M., Maudie, T. et al., "A Monolithic Integrated Solution for MAP Applications," SAE Technical Paper 970608, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/970608.
- Kleinschmidt Peter Schmidt Frank “How Many Sensors Does a Car Need?,” Sensors and Actuators A 31 1992 35 45
- Binder J. “New Generation of Automotive Sensors to Fulfill the Requirements of Fuel Economy and Emission Control,” Sensors and Actuators A 31 1992 60 67
- Westbrook M H “Future Developments in Automotive Sensors and Their Systems,” J. Phys. E: Sci. Instrum. 22 1989 693 699
- Wolber William G. Wise Kensall D. “Sensor Development in the Microcomputer Age,” IEEE Transaction on Electron Device ED-26 12 December 1979
- Giachino J. M. “Smart Sensor for Automotive Applications,” Proceedings of the 16th International Symposium on Automotive Technology and Automation 1984
- Giachino J. M. “The Challenge of Automotive Sensors,” The 1984 IEEE Solid-State Sensor Conference
- Meyer, E.W., Jr. Graham, K.A, Kenyon, B.F. Kissel, W.R. “Outstanding Convergence 80
- Baskett Ira Frank Randy Ramsland Eric “The Design of a Monolithic, Signal Conditioned Pressure Sensor,” IEEE 1991 Custom Integrated Circuits Conference
- Mladenovic Dragan Verma Rajan Frank Randy “EMI Considerations for Automotive Sensors,” SAE Sensors & Actuators 1997
- Hu Jimmy H. “Methodology for Developing Reliability Validation Tests for Automotive Electronics” Proc. EEP 10-2 1995 627 633
- “Guide to Manifold Pressure Transducer Representative Test Method” SAE J1346 1981
- Maudie T. Monk D. J. Zehrbach D. Stanerson D. “Sensor Media Compatibility: Issues and Answers” Sensors Expo Anaheim, CA 1996
- Maudie T. “Testing Requirements and Reliability Issues Encountered with Micromachined Structures” Proceedings of the Second International Symposium on Microstructures and Microfabricated Systems Chicago, IL ECS 1995 223