This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Comparison of Unit Injector and Pump Line Nozzle Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 24, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper presents a comparative analysis of the parameters of the injection process in unit injector and pump line nozzle systems. The analysis is based on numerical programs which simulate the working processes of the both systems. The basic assumptions underlying the physical models used in these programs are discussed and the good agreement between numerical results and actual processes is shown. The analysis takes into account the most important parameters for the combustion performance efficiency of injection and durability of the system. The results confirm the essential advantages of unit injection systems for fuelling high-speed diesel engines with direct injection.
|Technical Paper||Comparison of Computed and Measured Air Motion in Circular and Square Piston Cups|
|Technical Paper||Fuel Injection for High Speed Diesel Engines|
|Technical Paper||Non-classical Orifice Characterization|
CitationKnefel, T. and Sobieszczański, M., "A Comparison of Unit Injector and Pump Line Nozzle Systems," SAE Technical Paper 970350, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/970350.
- Herzog P. “Studies on a unit injector for cars with high-speed engines” The Institution of Mechanical Engineers 195 32 1981
- Knefel T. “Model Comparison Analysis of Operational Parameters of Unit Injector and Pump Line Nozzle System” Bielsko-Biala 1996
- Romig B.E. Strunk R.D. Weinert M.S. “Performance comparison of unit injector and pump-line-nozzle injection systems” SAE, 840274 1984
- Sobieszczański M. “Mathematical Model of Fuel Injection Process in Diesel Engine for Energetical Measure Method of Fuelling Rate” Scientific Books Technical University of Łódź Bielsko-Biala 1 1988
- Sobieszczański M. Knefel T. “Computer Program for Choice of Fuel System Parameters for Diesel Engine” Scientific Books Technical University of Łódź Bielsko-Biala 13 1993
- Sobieszczanski M. Wojciech S. “Simulations-program des Einspritzvorganges” Scientific Books Technical University of Łódź Bielsko-Biala 13 1993
- Zellbeck H. Schmidt G. 11 1995