This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 24, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
- 1.In case of a side impact crash an airbag installation which is part of the door seal improves HIC-values considerably and covers FMVSS 201 requirements in this area.
- 2.A clamp-in-formed headliner contains roof-structure-supports and acts as noise dampening to the sheet metal roof.
Also, it carries
- side airbags along the roof rail
- airbags between the front passengers
- airbags between the front and rear passengers
All generators and supply tubes are mounted to this module.
Altogether, it is a solution for an all-around-head-airbag system.
|Technical Paper||Guidelines for the Development of Head Airbags for Rollover Protection|
|Technical Paper||THE WINDOWBAG: AN INNOVATION IN SIDE IMPACT PROTECTION|
|Technical Paper||Lateral Air Bag Performance in CIREN Field Studies|