This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
DIGITAL PHYSICS™ Analysis of the Morel Body in Ground Proximity
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 24, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Presented is a study of the air flow over the Morel body  in ground proximity which was obtained using a discrete particle method, referred to as DIGITAL PHYSICS. The results were computed at several back-light angles and will be compared to experimental observations. Separation and reattachment along the angled section at a back-light angle of 30 degrees, and complete separation at 35 degrees, were both accurately predicted.
CitationAnagnost, A., Alajbegovic, A., Chen, H., Hill, D. et al., "DIGITAL PHYSICS™ Analysis of the Morel Body in Ground Proximity," SAE Technical Paper 970139, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/970139.
- Morel, T. Aerodynamics Drag of Bluff Body Shapes Characteristic of Hatch-Back Cars SAE Paper 780267 1978
- Janssen, L.J. Hucho, W.H. Aerodynamische Formoptimierung der Type VW-Golf und VW-Scirocco Kolloquium uber Industrie-aerodynamik Achen 1974 46 49
- Ahmed, S.R. Ramm, G. Faltin, G. Some Salient Features of The Time-Averaged Ground Vehicle Wake SAE Paper 840300 1984
- Han, T. Computational Analysis of Three-Dimensional Turbulent Flow Around a Bluff Body in Ground Proximity ATAA Journal 1989 27 9 1213 1219
- Baxendale, A.J. Graysmith, J.L. Howell, J.P. Haynes, T. Comparisons Between CFD and Experimental Results for the Ahmed reference model RAeS Vehicle Aerodynamics Conference Loughborough University July 1994
- Bickerton, J.E. Graysmith, J.L. Howell, J.P. Haynes, T.L. The CFD Investigation of Flow Separation over a Simple Vehicle Model ISATA Italy 1996
- Molvig, K. Donis, P. Myczkowski Vichniac, G. Removing the discreteness Artifacts in 3D Lattice-Gas Fluids Discrete Kinetic Theory, Lattice Gas Dynamics and Foundations of Hydrodynamics Monaco R. World Scientific 1988
- Teixeira, C. Continuum Limit of Lattice Gas Fluid Dynamics MIT Boston, Massachusetts 1992
- Teixeira, C. Theoretical Foundations and Simulation Validations of Digital Physics NIST Tutorial - Workshop on Lattice Gas - Boltzman Methods Gettysburg, Maryland 1995
- Chen, H. Lattice Gas Theory and its Applications '96 Symposium on Computational Physics Beijing, China 1996
- Frisch, U. D'Humieres, D. Hasslacher, B. Lallemand, P. Pomeau, Y. Rivet, J.P. Lattice Gas Hydrodynamics in Two and Three Dimensions Complex Systems 1987 1 649 707
- Wolfram, S. Cellular Automaton Fluids 1: Basic Theory Journal of Statistical Physics 1995 45 3 4 471 526