This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Measurement of Automobile Aerodynamic Noise in Wind Tunnels
Published October 22, 1996 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: Autumn Conference
As aerodynamic noise of a passenger car is required to reduce, the accuracy of aerodynamic noise tests in wind tunnels is studied, especially wind tunnel background noise levels. An acoustic comparison test of five Japanese full-scale automotive wind tunnels was performed. These tests were compared with tests of European and American full-scale wind tunnels. The upper limits of wind tunnel background noise levels of aerodynamic noise test were clarified.
- Sadao Akishita - Ritsumeikan Univ.
- Nozomi Iida - Nissan Motor Corp.
- Shunji Doshou - Nissan Shatai Corp.
- Keiji Sumitani - Toyota Motor Corp.
- Kunio Nakagawa - Mitsubishi Motor Corp.
- Shigeru Ogawa - Mazda Motor Corp.
- Yukio Kodama - Fuiji Heavy Industries Ltd.
- Satoshi Sakamoto - Honda R and D Corp.
- Katsuichi Yamamoto - ZEXEL Corp.
- Tetsuo Imaizumi - Japan Automobile Research Institute