This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Numerical Analysis of Side Impact Phenomena Using MADYMO-3D DOT-SID Dummy
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 1996 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In the present investigation, a numerical model of side impact dummy (DOT-SID) is developed using TNO's MADYMO-3D multi-body features. During the model construction phases, relevant dummy components are individually modeled and are verified against empirical test results.
The completed DOT-SID model is then integrated into a padded impactor model to simulate secondary-impact. Computations are run for several input force-deflection distributions, in conjunction with other parameters. From the results, occupant responses to various thoracic input are quantitatively sought, and the effectiveness of the MADYMO DOT-SID model as a vehicle development tool is assessed.
|Technical Paper||An Evaluation of TTI and ASA in SID Side Impact Sled Tests|
CitationTominaga, K., Yamaguchi, S., and Kizuki, K., "Numerical Analysis of Side Impact Phenomena Using MADYMO-3D DOT-SID Dummy," SAE Technical Paper 962414, 1996, https://doi.org/10.4271/962414.
- Padgaonkar, A.J. Prasad P. “Simulation of Side Impact Using CAL-3D Occupant Simulation Model,” SAE 791007
- Hasegawa J. et al. “Side Impact Simulation Analysis Using an Improved Occupant Model,” Proceedings, 12th International Technical Conference on ESV 1071 1077 Göteborg, Sweden May 1989
- MADYMO-3D DOT-SID Dataset TNO
- Low, C.L. Prasad Priya “Dynamic Response and Mathematical Model of the Side Impact Dummy,” SAE 902321
- Matsumoto H. Tanaka H. “The Effect of Door Structure on Occupant Injury in Side Impact,” Proceedings, 13th International Technical Conference on ESV 509 516 Paris, France November 1991
- Sundararajan, S. Chou C.C. Lim G.G. Prater J.A. Clements R.R. “Dynamic Door Component Test Methodology,” SAE 950877
- Fountain, M. Altamore P. Skarakis J. “Mathematical Modeling of the BioSID Dummy,” SAE 942226
- MADYMO-3D EUROSID-1 Dataset TNO
- Mendis, K. Tyan T. Shyu S.-C. Mani A. “Structural Foam Applications in Side Impact Protection,” Proceedings, Side Impact Protection TOPTEC: Meeting the Challenge June 1994
- Fukushima S. Yamaguchi S. Fukatsu T. Asano K. “Door Impact Test Procedure and Crush Characteristics for Side Impact Protection,” Proceedings, 13th International Technical Conference on ESV 609 615 Paris, France November 1991