This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Advanced Simulation Techniques for Optimization of Powertrain NVH and Fatigue Behaviour
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1996 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Linear static and dynamic analysis are state-of-the-art to determine the NVH behaviour of engines and the fatigue behaviour of crankshafts by use of the finite element method (FEM). Using direct methods for solving the equations even supercomputing does not help to prevent nonlinear transient analysis from being very time consuming and inefficient for the essentially large number of degrees of freedom.
Presenting nonlinear transient analysis results of different engines, the K+P software products XFEP/CT and XFEP/NVH are shown to be both highly sophisticated and efficient for determining the NVH and the fatigue behaviour of complete power units.
CitationPayer, E., "Advanced Simulation Techniques for Optimization of Powertrain NVH and Fatigue Behaviour," SAE Technical Paper 962396, 1996, https://doi.org/10.4271/962396.
- Bennet, J. Crealy, L. Engelmore, R. Melosh, R. A knowledge-based consultant for structural analysis Tech.Rep.No.STAN-CS-78-699 Stanford University 1978
- Svoboda M Schmidt, W Ulrich. H. 1983
- Okamura, H. Sogabe, K. Shinno, A. Dynamic stiffness matrix method for the three-dimensional analysis of crankshaft vibrations IMechE 1988
- Ott, W. Kaiser, H,J. Meyer, J. Finite Element analysis of the dynamic behaviour of an engine block and comparison with experimental modal test results MSC-Nastran World Users Conference Los Angeles, USA 1990
- Ajiz, M.A. Jennings, A. A robust incomplete cholesky conjugate gradient algorithm Int. J. Numer. Meth. Eng. 20 1984
- Payer, E. Kainz, A. Fiedler, G. Fatigue Analysis of Crankshafts Using Nonlinear Transient Simulation Techniques SAE Technical Paper Series 950709 , International Congress 1995
- Newmark, N.M. A method of computation for structural dynamics A.S.C.E. Journal of engineering, Mechanics division 85 1959 67 94
- Butenschön, H.J. 1976
- Oh, K.P. Goenka, P.K. The Elastohydrody-namic solution of Journal Bearings under Dynamic Loading Journal of Tribology 107 1985
- Payer, E. Fiedler, G. 1995