This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Acoustical Modelling and Experimental Measurement for Plug Type Muffler
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1996 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, four different configurations of plug type muffler are investigated. Three different evaluations methods are used; Finite Element Method, Transfer Matrix Method and experimental measurements. The results obtained for the transmission loss of each muffler are compared. No flow and temperature variation are considered.
|Technical Paper||An Optimal Design Methodology for a Family of Perforated Mufflers|
|Technical Paper||Computational and Experimental Study on Transmission Loss of Automotive Exhaust Muffler System|
|Technical Paper||Sound Field Control in a Car Compartment|
CitationKimura, M., Walber, C., and Gerges, S., "Acoustical Modelling and Experimental Measurement for Plug Type Muffler," SAE Technical Paper 962394, 1996, https://doi.org/10.4271/962394.
- Kimura, M. R. M. “Simulação Acústica e Medições Experimentais de Silenciadores Reativos” Dissertação de Mestrado 1995 Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina Brasil
- BAUER, A. B. “Impedance theory and measurements on porous acoustic liners,” Journal of Aircraft 14 8 720 728 1977
- MUNJAL, M. L. “Acoustics of ducts and mufflers” John Wiley New York 1987
- PANICKER, V. B. MUNJAL, M. L. “Aeroacoustic analysis of straight-trough mufflers with simple and extended tube expansion chambers,” Journal of the Indian Institute of Science 63 A 1 19 1981
- PANICKER, V. B. MUNJAL, M. L. “Aeroacoustic analysis of mufflers with flow reversals,” Journal of the Indian Institute of Science 63 A 21 38 1981
- SULLIVAN, J. W. CROCKER, M. J. “Analysis of concentric-tube resonators having unpartioned cavities,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 64 1 207 215 1978
- CHUNG, J. Y. BLASER, D. A. “Transfer function method of measuring in-duct acoustic properties. I. Theory,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 68 3 907 921 1980
- BODÉN, H. ABOM, M. “Influence of errors on the two-microphone method for measuring acoustic properties in ducts,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 79 2 541 549 1986
- IGARASHI, J. TOYAMA, M. “Fundamentals of acoustical silencers (I),” o Aeronautical Research Institute, University of Tokyo 223 241 1958
- IGARASHI, J. ARAI, M. “Fundamentals of acoustical silencers (III),” o Aeronautical Research Institute, University of Tokyo 17 31 1960
- GERGES, S. N. Y. “Ruido: Fundamentos e Controle” UFSC Florianópolis 1992