This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Improving Ride Quality on the Cab Suspension of a Heavy Duty Truck
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1996 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Ride quality of heavy duty truck becomes important item, due to long distance transfer and long time driving This study describes how to determine and evaluate design parameters related to cab suspension system through time and frequency domain analysis The spring and damper-stiffness of the cab suspension system were optimized by two objective functions, which consist of cab pitching acceleration peak level and vibrational absorbed power Cab pitching is the main item which should be studied for ride quality In an attempt at optimizing, we made use of “Taguchi Method”,which was applied to experiments and simulation. We made truck cab model by use of DADS, which is dynamic analysis software,in order to find out the cab motions The results of simulation and test of a heavy duty truck gave us the optimum design parameters, which were verified and confirmed by real vehicle test
|Technical Paper||Development of a 4-point-Air Cab Suspension System for Conventional Heavy Trucks|
|Technical Paper||Cab Suspension Optimization Using Matlab|
|Technical Paper||Suspension System Testing and Tuning with the Use of a Four-Post Rig|
CitationLee, G., Lim, J., and Kim, G., "Improving Ride Quality on the Cab Suspension of a Heavy Duty Truck," SAE Technical Paper 962151, 1996, https://doi.org/10.4271/962151.
- Ribarits J I Aurell J Anderser E Ride Comfort Aspect of Heavy Truck Design Society of Automotive Engineers,Inc 1979
- Crosby M.J Allen R.E Cab Isolation and Ride Quality 1975
- Dahberg T Ride Comfort and Road Holding of a 2-Dof Vehicle Traveling on Randomly Profiled Road J of Sound and Vibration 1978
- Griffin M.J The Evaluation of Vehicle Vibration and Seats Applied Ergonomics 1978
- Sakai T Maruyama Y. The Optimum Designing of Ride Comfort by Application of “Tguchi Methods”