This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Shallow Water Modeling Method for Simulating Squish Movement in Diesel Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 01, 1996 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, the application of Shallow Water Modeling (SWM) method to simulate the compressible viscous plane flow for studying squish movement in combustion chambers of diesel engines is reported. The principle and analogue criteria of this method are discussed and derived. Using this method combined with visualization technique, the flow patterns were obtained and compared with those obtained by other methods. T1te results show that the SWM method is adequate and favorable for such investigation.
|Technical Paper||Model-Based Engine Calibration for Best Fuel Efficiency|
|Technical Paper||In-Cylinder Measurement and Modeling of Liquid Fuel Spray Penetration in a Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine|
CitationGong, Y. and Bai, X., "Shallow Water Modeling Method for Simulating Squish Movement in Diesel Engines," SAE Technical Paper 961128, 1996, https://doi.org/10.4271/961128.
- Ekchian, A. Hoult, D. P. Flow Visualization Study of the Intake Process of an Internal Combustion Engine SAE 790095
- Willis, D. A. Meyer, W.E. Birnie. C. Jr., Mapping of Airflow Patterns in Engines with Introduction Swirl SAE, 660093
- Idourn, A. Packer J. P. Wallace, F. J. Chariton, S. J. An Experimental and Analytical Study of Jet Impingement and Wall Jets in High Swirl D. I. Engines Using the Hydraulic Analogy SAE, 850253
- Preiswerk 1938
- List, H. Reyl, G. 1949
- Nagao, F. et al. Air Motion and Combustion in a Swirl Chamber Type Diesel Engine Bulletin of JSME 10 41 1967 833 845
- Li De-tao Berindean, V. Study on Air movement in Separate Bell-type Swirl Chamber by Virtue of A Two-dimensional Liquid Flow Model Chinese Internal Combustion Engine Engineering 1993 1
- Ma, Yuanji et al. Study on Mixture Formation in the Sub-Chamber of Stratified Charge Engine with a Water Analogue Equipment Transactions of CSICE 1 1983 3
- Dicksee, C. B. The High-Speed Compression Ignition Engine Inter-Science Publishers, Int. New York 1940
- Shi, Shao-xi Gong, yun-yi et al. An Investigation Squish Air Motion in Compression Ignition Engines Trans. of Tianjin University 1981 1
- Sedov, L.I. The Similarity and Dimensionless Method in Mechanics Science Pub. Moscow
- Bai, Xingyan Multi-dimensional Numerical Simulation of the In-cylinder Air Motion and Fuel Spray in D. I. Diesel Engines Tianjin University 1995 Tianjin