This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Developing the EV Charging Infrastructure
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An important part of the electric vehicle (EV) system is the charging infrastructure: the equipment, standards, and procedures needed to safely and conveniently connect an EV to the electric power supply. This paper summarizes charging modes and equipment being developed for charging EVs at home, public facilities, and electric service stations. It reports on development of cords and connecting devices and their electrical ratings. It also reports on efforts to modify electrical and building codes that impede EV commercialization. The paper concludes that key elements of the charging infrastructure can be ready when EVs are marketed.
|Technical Paper||Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Design and Health and Safety Codes|
|Aerospace Standard||Charger for Battery Powered Ground Support Equipment|
|Technical Paper||Electric Vehicle Rapid Charging Infrastructure in Hawaii|
CitationO'Connell, L., "Developing the EV Charging Infrastructure," SAE Technical Paper 952769, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/952769.
- Borg, I.Y Briggs C.K. U.S. Energy Flow-1993 Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Livermore, CA October 1994
- National Air Pollution Estimates, 1940-1990 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency November 1991
- Emissions Benefits in California Electric Power Research Institute Palo Alto, CA 1994
- Haslund, Christina A. Tenure Ken Fast Charge Station Cost Estimate, Final Report Pacific Gas and Electric Co. San Francisco, CA 1995 12
- Bureau, Noel “Electric Peugeot 106 and Citroen AX Vehicles in Customers' Hands in La Rochelle,” Proceedings, 12th International Electric Vehicle Symposium and Electric Vehicle Exposition Anaheim, CA December 5-7 1994
- Brown, David P. Krein Gloria D. “Making the EV Connection: Charging Safety and the National Electrical Code,” Proceedings, 12th International Electric Vehicle Symposium and Electric Vehicle Exposition Anaheim, CA December 5-7 1994