This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Magnetic Separator Design Method
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Magnetic separators based on the principle of induced eddy currents are used to separate non-ferrous metals from waste. As a rule, the separator design is based on experimentally obtained data. The described analythical method provides principles of the selection of quantities, particularly magnetic induction, frequency and the number of poles, which will ensure a successful separation. The method is based on the calculations of rotating magnetic field and force effects which are exerted through the field on electrically conductive non-ferrous metallic particles. Both repulsive radial and carrying tangential forces can be used for the separation.
|Technical Paper||Benchtop Scale Testing of Aerogel Catalysts: Preliminary Results|
|Aerospace Material Specification||Titanium Alloy Sheet 6Al - 4V Driver Sheet|
|Technical Paper||Development of Lead Free Copper Based Alloy for Three Layers Bearings under Higher Load Engines|
CitationŽížek, F. and Rada, P., "A Magnetic Separator Design Method," SAE Technical Paper 951841, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/951841.
- Svoboda J.: “Magnetic methods for freatment of minerals”. Elsevier 1987
- F. Dvořák, P. Tušla, M. Hájek, Z. Žežulka: “Mathematical relations for determination of basic parameters of a linear motor for separation of nonmagnetic metallic particles” (In Czech), Elektrotechnicky obzor 78, 619-622, SNTL, Prague 1989
- Žížek F., Šíma P.: “Force effects of electromagnetic rotating field on metallic particles”, Acta Technice CSAV 40, No. 4, Prague (in printing)
- Bendi J., Schreier L., M. Chomát: “Radial and tangential components of magnetic field intensity in model of trash separator”, Acta technica CSAV 40, No. 4, Prague (in printing)
- Maxwell E.: “Magnetic separation - The prospects for superconductivity”, Cryogenics 15, 179-184, 1989
- Žížek F.: “Solution to magnetic field of a superconductive quadrupole via the method of harmonic current layers” (In Czech), Elektrotechnicky obzor 66, 115-121, SNTL, Prague, 1977