This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Effects on Resources and Environmental Impact by Modern Fuels and Lubricants
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The principal targets for engine, fuel and lubricant R & D have always been quite similar like improving customer satisfaction or minimising the environmental impact. But the development processes went on nearly independent from each other. As environmental limitations in future legislation will be tightened further, it becomes increasingly important to regard the system Engine-Fuel-Lubricant as a tripartite unit which must be kept in optimal balance. This principle is the basis for rational use of resources in reaching a well defined environmentally benign target. Following this principle, in Austria a new, sulphur reduced diesel fuel with a multi purpose performance additive package in combination with a special crankcase lubricant for passenger cars was introduced recently. To optimise costs and results both developments were carried out hand in hand under careful consideration of current and future engine technologies.
CitationBaumann, W., Buchsbaum, A., and Zeiner, W., "Effects on Resources and Environmental Impact by Modern Fuels and Lubricants," SAE Technical Paper 951835, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/951835.
- Schubert K. Richter K. Kuper H. Proc. 16th Internat. Wiener Motorensymposium May 4-5 1995
- McGeehan A. Shamah E. Couch M. C. Parker R. A. Fuels and Lubricants meeting and Exposition Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Oct. 18-21 1993 SAE Technical Paper 932845
- Reiter K. Proc. Symposium of the Austrian Society of Tribologists Oct. 20 1988
- Baumann W. Hubmann A. Proc. of the 10 th FICHTE Symposium Sept. 30 Oct. 1 1992
- Klaus E. E. Duda J. L. Shah R. J. Final Report to DOE/OTM Tribology Program 1993
- Tritthart N. P. AVL Graz, Conference “Engine and Environment” 1991
- Booth O. Wolveridge P. E. Oil & Gas Journal August 16 1993
- Haycock P. F. Thatcher R. G. F. Fuel additives and the environment ATC 1994
- Bartz W. J. Tribologie und Schmierungs-technik 41 2 104 1994
- Gairing M. F. Frend M. Reglitzky A. A. Purmer P. D. Proc. 14 th World Petroleum Congress Stavanger/Norway 1994