This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Varnish Rating of Piston Skirt by Image Processing
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A new method for rating the varnish of the piston skirt was developed by using image processing. The varnished area of a piston skirt was extracted from the developed color image in terms of the density and the color data. The figure of merit rating was calculated using a personal computer. The newly developed method makes it possible to rate varnish of the piston skirt automatically, quantitatively and quickly.
CitationSaito, Y. and Suda, H., "Varnish Rating of Piston Skirt by Image Processing," SAE Technical Paper 951799, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/951799.
- Two - Stroke Cycle Gasoline Engine Parts Cleanliness Rating Method First July 24 1991 THE JAPAN PETROLEUM INSTITUTE
- JPI Varnish Rating Method Second October 18 1994 THE JAPAN PETROLEUM INSTITUTE
- CRC VARNISH RATING MANUAL (CRC Manual No. 14) January 1984 Rating Methods Group Light - Duty Vehicle Fuel, Lubricant, and Equipment Research Committee of the Coordinating Research Council, Inc.
- Low and medium temperature detergency test procedure for evaluating automobile gasoline engine oils Mar. 29 1991 Japanese Automobile Standards Organization
- JPI Sludge Rating Method Second October 18 1994 THE JAPAN PETROLEUM INSTITUTE
- JPI Diesel Piston Rating Method Fourth October 18 1994 THE JAPAN PETROLEUM INSTITUTE
- CCD Linear Image Sensor Series TCD DATABOOK '95 TOSHIBA CORPORATION December 1994
- Image Processing Handbook September 10 1990 Image processing handbook compilation committee Shokodo Co., Ltd.
- Application Technique of Image Processing Tanaka Hiroshi 1989 KOGYO Chosakai Publishing Co., Ltd. Tokyo
- Handbook of COLOR SCIENCE Shikisaigakkai Nihon 1980 University of Tokyo Press