This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Results of Engineering Development of the Carbon Dioxide Reduction Assembly for a Space Station Integrated Life Support System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper reviews some problems of providing the thermal conditions in the Sabatier reactor of the CO2 processing system designed to be operated on Russia's service module of ISSA. The possibility of providing and maintaining the autothermal process with heat removal off the canister surface enclosing the reactor.
Some results of control system checks in the start-up, steady-state and shutdown modes are presented.
The results of Russia's hardware undergone testing onsite at Dornier (Germany) and Hamilton Standard (U.S.) are discussed.
CitationSamsonov, N., Kurmazenko, E., Gavrilov, L., Farafonov, N. et al., "Results of Engineering Development of the Carbon Dioxide Reduction Assembly for a Space Station Integrated Life Support System," SAE Technical Paper 951557, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/951557.
- Naumov V.A. Vasiliev V.K. Zhukov A.K. Thermodynamics of carbon dioxide reduction processes Moscow 1975
- Naumov V.A. Moskow MGU 1974
- Gavrilov L.I. Moskow NIICHIMMASH 1974
- Naumov V.A. Gavrilov L.I. Kinetics and catalysis 1979 20 6 1581 1584
- Samsonov N.M. Gavrilov L.I. Carbon Dioxide Reduction aboard the Space Station 4th European Symposium Florence, Italy October 21-24 1991
- Funke H. Preiss H. ECLSS CO 2 Processing Technology 23rd International Conference Colorado Springs July 12-15 1993
- Rethke D. Birbara P. Grabowsky H. O'Donnell P. Steele J. Bobe L. Gavrilov L. Testing of Russian ECLSS - Sabatier and Potable Water Processor 24th Intertnational Conference of Environmental Systems Friedrichshafen, Germany June 20-23 1994