This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Incorporating Layered Acoustic Trim Materials in Body Structural-Acoustic Models
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 1, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A fully analytical method for the evaluation of noise reduction in a vehicle interior furnished with layered acoustic trim is presented. The method combines calculation of trim Transmission Loss (TL) and Absorption Coefficient with a Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) calculation of trimmed panel Noise Reduction (NR). This allows for the evaluation of the trim package performance in real operating conditions and ranking of the different air-borne and structure-borne transmission paths.
CitationCimerman, B., Bremner, P., Qian, Y., and Van Buskirk, J., "Incorporating Layered Acoustic Trim Materials in Body Structural-Acoustic Models," SAE Technical Paper 951307, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/951307.
- Beranek, L.L., Ver, I.L., Noise and Vibration Control Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, New York, USA, 1992
- Byrne, K.P., “Calculating the Acoustical Properties of Plane Uniform Constructions”, J.Vibn,Acoust,Stress & Reliab.in Design, Vol.111, pp343-350, 1989
- Price, A.J., Crocker, M.J., “Sound Transmission through Double Panels Using Statistical Energy Analysis”, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol.47, pp683-693, 1970
- Bremner, P.G., “Sound Transmission Loss Modelling of Real Structures Using Statistical Energy Analysis”, pp1571-1574, Proceedings Internoise 94, Yokohama, Japan, 1994
- AutoSEA Theory & Q.A. Manual, Vibro-Acoustic Sciences, Doc.AS-100, (1991)
- Bremner, P.G., “Vibro-Acoustics of Ribbed Structures - A compact Modal Formulation for SEA models”, pp545-550, Proceedings Noisecon 94, Ft.Lauderdale, Fl., USA, 1994
- Nashif A.D., Jones D.I.G, Henderson, J.P. “Vibration Damping”, John Wiley &Sons, New York, NY, 1985.
- Yoerkie, C.A., Moore, J.A., Manning, J.E., “Development of Rotorcraft Interior Noise Control Concepts”, NASA Contractor Report 166101, May 1983.
- O'Keefe M., Bremner P., Chen H., “A comparison of Test-based and Analytic SEA Models for Vibro-Acoustics of a Light Truck”, SAE Noise & Vibration, 1995, to be published.
- Dong B. et al., “Road Noise Modelling using Statistical Energy Analysis method”, SAE Noise & Vibration, 1995, to be published.
- Chen H., Qian P., Cimerman, B.P., “Statistical Energy Analysis Modeling of a passenger vehicle”, Internoise 95, Newport Beach, 1995, to be published.