This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation of the Characteristic of a Carburettor of an Internal Combustion Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The work presents a description of a characteristic of a carburettor of a standard internal combustion engine as a function of an angle of rotation of a crankshaft.
Included in the analysis were the changes of pressure and velocity of the inlet flow in the intake system. Also included in the computer simulation model were:
geometric dimensions of a carburettor and the intake system
inlet losses in the intake system
geometric parameters of a cylinder, crankshaft, connecting rod and piston
outflow of fuel from a jet to a throat of a carburettor
We developed an algorithm and modelling program of the process of creation of a mixture in the carburettor.
Through a series of experiments we determined the air-flow coefficient at a carburettor throat and a outflow coefficient of fuel from the main jet of a carburettor. Then we used those parameters to model the characteristic of a carburettor.
The derived characteristics are shown in the shape of diagrams as a function of an angle of rotation of a crankshaft for different rotational speeds of an engine and for different angles of opening of a throttle of the carburettor.
|Technical Paper||Analysis and Digital Simulation of Carburetor Metering|
|Technical Paper||Oil Transport Inside the Power Cylinder During Transient Load Changes|
CitationSendyka, B. and Filipczyk, J., "Simulation of the Characteristic of a Carburettor of an Internal Combustion Engine," SAE Technical Paper 950987, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/950987.
- Moss P. Pulsation Enrichment in Carburettor Automotive Engineer 1980 8
- Sendyka B. Exhaust Nozzle Supercharging of Internal Combustion Engines Automotive Engineer 1977 3
- Schweikert J. Gumbleton J. Emission Control with Lean Mixtures SAE Paper No 760226 1976
- Kowalewicz A. Combustion System of High-Speed Piston I.C Engines Elsevier Science Publishers New York 1984
- Sendyka B. Filipczyk J. Heydel W. Construction of Constant Depression Carburettor with a Fuel Feeder Polish Academy of Science Journal 3 Cracow 1990
- Sendyka B. Ofoegbu L. Heydel W. Analysis of a Constant Depression Carburettor with Separate Control of an Air-Throttle and a Fuel Feeder Scientific Journal 2 Technical University of Cracow Poland 1990
- Sendyka B. Heydel W. Zyczkowski S. Mathematical Model of Motion of an Air-Throttle of a Constant Depression Carburettor Scientific Journal 2 Technical University of Cracow Poland 1990
- Sendyka B. Heydel W The Analysis of a Constant Depression Carburettor with Fuel Feeder SAE International Congress and Exposition Detroit, Michigan, USA 1994