This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Detailed Engine Mapping Using E-DACS for Thorough Performance Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Engine maps consisting of three-dimensional contour plots of engine performance parameters such as bsfc in the engine speed - bmep plane give a large amount of information in a very concise manner. Such maps can be drawn for many more parameters of interest if a high speed data acquisition system, such as E-DACS (Engine Data Acquisition and Control System) which was developed in-house, is used to obtain the transient data of combustion chamber pressure. New maps of: pmax, (dp/dθ)max, etc. from the pressure-crank angle data; isfc, imep, pumping losses, etc. from the pressure-volume data; ignition delay, burn angle, maximum rate of burning, maximum burnt gas temperature, etc. after conducting heat release analysis using the pressure-crank angle data, can be generated. Such an enlarged view offered by these new sets of engine maps will definitely prove useful to engineers, giving them newer insights.
CitationDarda, M., Sable, A., Sastry, G., and Chandra, H., "Detailed Engine Mapping Using E-DACS for Thorough Performance Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 950012, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/950012.
- Taylor, C.F. The Internal Combustion Engine in Theory and Practice I Second MIT Press
- Freeman, J. Stanman, R. Taft, R. Vehicle Performance and Exhaust Emission: Carburetion versus Timed Fuel Injection SAE Paper 650863 November 1965
- Meier, R.C. Development of a Lean Burn/Lean Reactor Engine System Through the Application of Engine Dynamometer Mapping Techniques SAE Paper 770300 1977
- Vora, L.S. Computerized Five Parameter Engine Mapping SAE Paper 770079 1977
- Baker, R.E. Daby, E.E. Engine Mapping Methodology SAE Paper 770077 1977
- Deshpande, S.R Chandra Harish Narsimhan, R. Heat Release Analysis of a Two-Stroke Gasoline Engine SAE Paper No. 880175 1988
- Giesecke, W. Gupta, H.C. Lee, W. Schaepertoens, H. Mathematische Simulation der Verbrennung in einem Serienbrennraum eines Ottomotors 42 1981 7-8 299 302
- Sastry, G V J Chandra Harish A Three-Zone Heat Release Model for DI Diesel Engines SAE Paper No. 940617 1994