This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Study on Unsteady Gas Jet
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1994 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to clarify the mixture formation process of the direct injection gas engine, helium gas was injected into a quiescent atmosphere. The time- and space-resolved velocity, pressure and concentration distributions were measured in the free unsteady gas jet and in the wall impinging unsteady gas jet. They were also obtained for the unsteady gas jet impinging onto a projection on a wall to enhance mixture formation.
Empirical equations for the unsteady free jet were obtained, and the mixture formation mechanism of the wall impinging unsteady gas jet were clarified. The unsteady gas jet impinging onto the projection on a wall entrains much more air than the unsteady wall impinging jet.
|Technical Paper||The Impact of Pre-Turbine Catalyst Placement on Methane Oxidation in Lean-Burn Gas Engines: An Experimental and Numerical Study|
|Technical Paper||Analyzers for Methane in Exhaust Gas|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Methane Measurement Using Gas Chromatography|
CitationTanabe, H. and Sato, G., "Experimental Study on Unsteady Gas Jet," SAE Technical Paper 942033, 1994, https://doi.org/10.4271/942033.
- Takahashi, S. Preprint JSME 790 15 1979 174
- Johnston. S et.al. SAE Trans. 790079 1979
- Tanabe, H. Ohnishi M. Sato G. T. Fujimoto H. Proc. 3rd World Hydrogen Energy Conference 2 1980-6 985 999 Tanabe, H. Ohnishi M. Sato G. T. Fujimoto H. Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 7 12 1982-12 967 976
- Tanabe, H. Sorihashi T. Suzuki N. Fujimoto H. Sato G. T. Experimental Study on the Transient Hydrogen Jet Proc. 4th World Hydrogen Energy Conference 3 1982-6 1115 1126
- Tanabe, H. Suzuki N. Sorihashi T. Fujimoto H. Sato G.T. Proc. XIX FISITA , No. 82026 1982
- Brown, G.L. Roshko A. AIAA J. 10 5 1972 649
- Era, Y. Saima A. Trans. JSME 41 351 1975 3259
- Miller, D.R. Comings E.D. J. Fluid Mech. 3 1957 1