This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Computer Simulation of Vibrations in Vehicle Powertrains Considering Nonlinear Effects in Clutches and Manual Transmissions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1994 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A simulation software has been developed to determine the dynamic behavior of vehicle powertrains in time domain. The simulation method presented in this paper considers both linear and nonlinear effects in torsional vibration systems. Thus, superimposed effects like gear rattling, clutch behavior, slipping, with any periodical or transient excitations can be taken into account. Computer simulation may be used effectively to design best powertrain configuration and therefore to minimize vibrations and noise.
|Technical Paper||Multi Objective Robust Optimization for Idle Performance|
|Technical Paper||Optimization of a Clutch Disc Torsional Damping System Design|
|Technical Paper||Active Vibration Control to Suppress Gear Mesh Response|
CitationLaschet, A., "Computer Simulation of Vibrations in Vehicle Powertrains Considering Nonlinear Effects in Clutches and Manual Transmissions," SAE Technical Paper 941011, 1994, https://doi.org/10.4271/941011.
- Laschet A.: Computer Simulation of Vibration in Rotating Machinery Machine Vibration (1992) Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 42-51 London: Springer-Verlag London Ltd. 1992
- Laschet A.: Simulation von Antriebssystemen Fachberichte Simulation, Vol. 9 Berlin, Heidelberg, New York: Springer-Verlag 1988
- Laschet A.: Simulation and modelling of drivetrains to determine nonlinear effects IASTED Conference Lugano; Paper No. 144-135-1, pp. 363-366 Calgary: Acta Press 1989
- Laschet A., Engelmann P.: System identification using computer simulation methods EAEC Conference Strasbourg; Paper No. 91037, pp. 188-194 Paris: SIA 1991
- Laschet A.: Simulation of vibrations in powertrains to minimize gear-rattling EAEC Conference Strasbourg; Paper No. C 382/089, pp. 139-146 London: IMechE 1989
- Shimizu T.: Mechanism of the idle gear rattle synchronized with engine rotation SAE Paper No. 932003 Reducing Vehicle Noise and Vibration SP-991, pp. 7-13 Warrendale: SAE 1993