This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Testing Techniques for Electronic Single Point Sensing Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1994 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, testing techniques for electronic single point frontal crash sensing systems are presented. Particular attention is paid to the algorithms used by these modules. First, a description of a new performance measure called the Crash Detector Operating Characteristic (CDOC) is given. Using the Monte Carlo crash testing technique, a quantitative definition of this measure is described. Two new ways of testing single point modules or algorithms are presented. All of these techniques and approaches lead to objective performance measures. Conclusions and recommendations are drawn from the discussion of the new measures.
CitationGioutsos, T. and Gillis, E., "Testing Techniques for Electronic Single Point Sensing Systems," SAE Technical Paper 940803, 1994, https://doi.org/10.4271/940803.
- Behr, Leonard “A Magnetically Damped Crash Sensor Providing Testability and Dynamic System Reconfiguration,” SAE International Congress and Exposition, Paper # 910277 1991
- Gioutsos, Tony Gillis, Ed “Tradeoffs and Testing Techniques for Frontal Crash Sensing Systems,” SAE Worldwide Passenger Car Conference and Exposition, Paper # 932911 1993
- Gioutsos, Tony “A Predictive Based Algorithm for Actuation of an Airbag,” SAE International Congress and Exposition, Paper # 920479 1992
- Bergfried, Dietrich “Airbag Control Modules - Performance and Reliability,” Convergence 92, Paper # 92C054 1992
- Diller, Robert “Electronic Sensing of Automobile Crashes for Airbag Deployment,” SAE International Congress and Exposition, Paper # 910276 1991
- Breed, David et. al. “Trends in Sensing Frontal Impacts,” SAE International Congress and Exposition, Paper # 890750 1989
- Van Trees, Harry Detection, Estimation and Modulation Theory 1 New York Wiley 1968
- Gioutsos, Tony Gillis, Ed “Occupant Position Sensing Systems: Functional Requirements and Technical Means,” SAE Worldwide Passenger Car Conference and Exposition, Paper # 932915 1993
- Gioutsos, Tony Piskie, Michael “Automobile Crash Modeling and the Monte Carlo Method,” SAE International Congress and Exposition, Paper # 910276 1991