This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of the FTP Performance of Metal Foil and Ceramic Substrate Catalytic Converters Using Statistical Methods
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1994 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A designed experiment was conducted to determine the effects of varying noble metal concentration, converter volume, substrate material, aging schedule, and performance engine on FTP efficiency. Sixteen catalytic converters of common containment and washcoat technology were aged and evaluated on 3.8 L and 5.7 L engine dynamometers using the cold start FTP as the performance test. Gaseous conversion efficiencies for Cycle 2 (light-off), Phase 2 (steady state), and End of Test Summary are compared for the five main factors and their interactions.
CitationBonadies, J., "Analysis of the FTP Performance of Metal Foil and Ceramic Substrate Catalytic Converters Using Statistical Methods," SAE Technical Paper 940742, 1994, https://doi.org/10.4271/940742.
- Vaneman G.L. “Performance Comparisons of Automotive Catalytic Converters: Metal vs. Ceramic Substrates,” FISITA Paper 905115, XIII Congress Torino, Italy May 1990
- Day J. Paul Socha, Louis S. Jr. “The Design of Automotive Catalyst supports for Improved Pressure Drop and Conversion Efficiency” SAE Paper 910371 , International Congress Detroit, Michigan February 1991
- Härkönen Matti A. Aitta Ero Lahti Antti Luoma Marjo Maunula Teuvo “Thermal Behavior of Metallic TWC. Evaluation of the Structural and Performance Properties” SAE Paper 910846 , International Congress Detroit, Michigan February 1991
- Lylykangas Reijo Lappi Pekka “How to Achieve Optimum Physical Properties in the Metal Catalyst” SAE Paper 910614 , International Congress Detroit, Michigan February 1991
- Lorenzen T. Truss Lynn T. “Anatomy of DEXPERT - an expert system for the Design of Experiments” 1990 proceedings of the section on Statistical Educational of the American Statistical Association
- Schneider EW Vaneman G.L. “The use of Radioisotopic Methods to Characterize Metal Foil Monolith Catalytic Converters,” SAE Paper 860567 , International Congress Detroit, Michigan February 1986