This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of OSKA-DH Diesel Engine Using Fuel Jet Impingement and Diffusion Investigation of Mixture Formation and Combustion
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1994 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This study is concerned with development of a new type of diesel engine using the fuel jet impingement (OSKA-DH).
Simultaneous reduction of the NOx and smoke emission were demonstrated with single cylinder prototype OSKA-DH engine.
As a fundamental study on the mixture formation process, the observation of impinged fuel spray was studied by using a pressurized constant volume vessel. The high-speed combustion photographs of both re-entrant and open type combustion chamber were also taken by using the experimental transparent engine.
From the observation of pressurized vessel and high-speed combustion photographs, the mixture formation and combustion was strongly affected by the squish flow velocity. The short ignition delay and faster combustion were observed by the re-entrant type combustion chamber because of high squish speed.
CitationKato, S., Onishi, S., Tanabe, H., and Sato, G., "Development of OSKA-DH Diesel Engine Using Fuel Jet Impingement and Diffusion Investigation of Mixture Formation and Combustion," SAE Technical Paper 940667, 1994, https://doi.org/10.4271/940667.
- KatoS. and OnishiS.: SAE Trans. 871689 (1987).
- KatoS. and OnishiS.: SAE Trans. 881241 (1988).
- KatoS. and OnishiS.: Proc. of 8th ISAF (1988-11), p513.
- KatoS. and OnishiS.: SAE Trans. 900608 (1990).
- KatoS. and OnishiS.: Proc. of 9th ISAF (1991-11), p398.
- AkasakaY. et.al: SAE Trans. 901566 (1990).
- KatoS. et.al: SAE Trans. 911769 (1991).
- KatoS. et.al: SAE Paper 921645 (1992).
- TanabeH. et.al:SAE Trans. 900607 (1990).
- TanabeH. and SatoG.T.: SAE Trans. 900605.(1990).
- TanabeH. et. al: SAE Paper 932651 (1993).