This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Development of the Advanced Protocol for Automotive Local Area Multiplexing Network (Advanced PALMNET)
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1994 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to expand the applicable range of in-vehicle LANs down to popular cars, drastic cost reduction is essential. In addition, an in-vehicle LAN with high transmission rate and advanced functioning is extremely important for the further spreading of vehicle electronics intended to enhance vehicle intelligence.
We developed the Protocol for Automotive Low and Medium Speed Network (PALMNET) as an in-vehicle LAN system and put it into practical use in 1990. Based on this, we developed a new communication protocol and three ICs for an in-vehicle LAN called the Advanced Protocol for Automotive Local Area Multiplexing Network (Advanced PALMNET), which satisfies the above-mentioned requirements and covers the medium-to-low transmission rate (up to 125kbps) to high rate (up to 1Mbps).
CitationKimura, H., Himono, Y., Matsuda, Y., Hiwa, N. et al., "The Development of the Advanced Protocol for Automotive Local Area Multiplexing Network (Advanced PALMNET)," SAE Technical Paper 940365, 1994, https://doi.org/10.4271/940365.
- Inoue et al. “Protocol for Automotive Local Area Network (PALNET) - A Newly Developed In-Vehicle Communication System Based on SAE J1850” SAE paper 890535 February 1989
- Takesue et al. “In-vehicle LAN” SAE-AUSTRALASIA July August 1992
- “Road Vehicles - Serial Data Communication for Automotive Application” Draft Proposal September 1990
- “Brief minutes on the meeting of the High Speed Task Force in Toulouse” January 1990
- Tanaka et al. “High-Reliability Physical Layer for In-Vehicle High-Speed Local Area Network” SAE paper 910464 February 1991
- Hiwa et al. “JSAE Recommended Practice - Evaluating Method of the Automotive Distributed Control Multiplex Systems” SAE paper 910716 February 1991