This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Integrated Backlite Antenna System for AM/FM and TV Broadcast Reception and for Mobile Telephone
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1994 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
With increasing number of mobile radio services (AM/FM/TV/phone/weatherband/remote control) the number of antennas required increases. For better quality of FM-reception antenna diversity must be applied. Mobile TV reception is almost impossible without antenna diversity. Therefore for some services more than one antenna is required.
In the paper a multiantenna backlite system is presented. The antenna structures of the active receiving antennas are printed on the glass, partly simultaneously used as heaters. The phone antenna is mounted “on glass” in the middle of the screen at the upper edge of the window far away from passers-by. The electromagnetic field in the car is reduced by a shielding additionally printed on the screen.
|Technical Paper||Advanced Progress in the Numerical Analysis of Car Antenna Systems|
|Technical Paper||Numerical Analysis of Integrated Glass Antenna Systems|
|Technical Paper||Development of Printed-on Quarter Glass TV Antenna|
CitationLindenmeier, H., Hopf, J., Reiter, L., and Leinwetter, B., "Integrated Backlite Antenna System for AM/FM and TV Broadcast Reception and for Mobile Telephone," SAE Technical Paper 940264, 1994, https://doi.org/10.4271/940264.
- Lindenmeier, H.K.; Hopf, J.F.; Reiter, L.M.: Multi Antenna System in the Rear Window for a FM Diversity System now as Standard Equipment in Car Production. Intern. Symp.on Antennas and Propagation, ISAP '92, September 1992, Sapporo, Japan.
- Lindenmeier, H.K.; Hopf, J.F.; Reiter, L.M.; Schwab, A.J.: Multiple FM Window Antenna System for Scanning Diversity with an Integrated Processor. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC), May 1990, Orlando, Florida, USA,.
- Lindenmeier, H.K.; Schwab, A.J.; Leinwetter, B.M.: Antenna and Diversity Techniques for Audio and Televisen Broadcast Reception in BMW Automobiles. '93 SAE International Congress and Exposition, March 1-5, Detroit, Michigan, USA
- Lindenmeier, H.K.; Reiter, L.M.; Hopf, J.F.: Multiantenna Scanning Diversity System for Mobile TV Reception with Independently Optimized Picture and Sound Quality. Radio Science, Vol. 28, Number 6, November-December 1993.
- Lindenmeier, H.K.; Manner, E.J.; Sessink, F.: FM Antenna Diversity Experiments for FM Carradio Reception. IEEE Antennas and Propagation, Virginia 1987, Conf. Proc. p.456-459.
- Recommendations and Reports of the CCIR: Report 1067, Broadcasting Service (Sound), 1986, Volume X - Part 1.
- Lindenmeier, H.K.; Hopf, J.F.: Evaluation of the minimum required signal level for FM broadcast reception in cars (in german). NTG-Fachtagung H̄rrundfunk 6, Nov. 1982, Mannheim.
- Burke, G.J.; Pogio, A.J.: Numerical Electromagnetic Code (NEC) - Method of Moments. Technical Document 116, Naval Ocean Systems Center, San Diego, California, 1981