This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Geometric Parameters of Four-Valve Cylinder Heads and Their Relationship to Combustion and Engine Full Load Performance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1994 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Mathematical relationships are established between valve sizes, valve included angle (VIA) and bore diameter for four-valve pentroof chambers. Graphical results show the effects of these relationships on geometric breathing capacity and links them to cylinder displacement, rated speed, bore/stroke ratio, intake valve lift, and intake/exhaust valve diameter ratio. A “geometric engine” mathematical model relates these parameters to combustion chamber surface to volume ratio and easily determines the piston top configuration. Current production engines are analyzed to produce relationships between these geometric parameters and full load performance.
|Technical Paper||Dual Carburetion and Manifold Design|
|Technical Paper||Top Land Crevice and Piston Deflection Effects on Combustion in a High Speed Rotary Valve Engine|
|Technical Paper||Threedimensional Computations for Flowfields in DI Piston Bowls|
CitationRegueiro, J. and Korn, S., "Geometric Parameters of Four-Valve Cylinder Heads and Their Relationship to Combustion and Engine Full Load Performance," SAE Technical Paper 940205, 1994, https://doi.org/10.4271/940205.
- Regueiro J.F. Analytical Summary of 1992 Japanese Engines for the U.S. Market Regueiro Engine Technologies Internal Communication August 1992
- Korn S.J. Corporate and Competitive Engine 4V Design Parameters and Engine Performance Chrysler Corporation Internal Communication November 1992
- Barnes-Moss H. A Designer's Viewpoint I Mech. E. Conference on Passenger Car Engines 1973
- Annand W. Roe C. Gas Flow in the Internal Combustion Engine: Power, Performance, Emissions Control and Silencing ; Foulis Sparkford, England 1974
- Ward's Communications, World Engines 1993 Ward's Engine and Vehicle Technology Update 1993
- Engine Data Book'92/'93 Sankaido Japan 1993