This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experience from Four Years of Activity in the ISO Working Group on Child Restraint Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 1, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper will summarise the experience of four years activities in the International Standardization Organisation (ISO) working group on child restraint systems in road vehicles. The background for the formation of the working group will be explained. The initial discussion of possible working areas and their priority will be reviewed. It was found that the principal, most urgent areas for investigation of possible future safety standards were compatibility and misuse. Within these areas, the results will be explained in detail, and what possible future Standards or Technical Reports can be foreseen as a result of the work of this ISO working group.
CitationLundell, B., Claesson, P., and Turbell, T., "Experience from Four Years of Activity in the ISO Working Group on Child Restraint Systems," SAE Technical Paper 933083, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/933083.
- Berg H-Y., Gregersen N.P., ISOFIX - Parents testing three different systems of child seat attachment, Swedish Road and Traffic Research Institute, Report No. 688A, 1992.
- Bell R., Misuse test panels. A technique for the identification and prevention of misuse in child restraints. Proceedings of the 35th AAAM Conference, 1991.
- Czernakowski W., Bell R., Misuse mode and effect analysis (MMEA) - an approach to predict and quantify misuse of child restraint systems (CRS), Proceedings of the 35th AAAM Conference, 1991.
- ISO TC 22, documents N 1728 - 1732, 1992.
- Kahane C. J., An evaluation of child passenger safety - the effectiveness and Benefits of safety seats. DOT HS 806 890. NHTSA, 1986.
- Petrucelli E., Misuse experience, Volvo/TNO workshop, Kirkrade, Netherlands, 1986.
- Tingvall C et al, Side protection and child restraints - accident data and laboratory test including new test methods, Proceedings of the 13th ESV Conference, 1991.
- Turbell T., Jeyes: ECE Regulation 44, an update on the current revision, Stapp Conference, 1993.
- Turbell T., Lowne R., Lundell B., Tingvall C., ISOFIX, a new concept of installing child restraints in cars, Stapp Conference, 1993.