This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Study of the Influence of Porosity and Resiliency of a Paper-Based Friction Material on the Friction Characteristics and Heat Resistance of the Material
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
One of the major characteristics of paper-based wet friction materials used for clutch plates and brake bands in automotive automatic transmissions is represented by their resilient and porous properties.
This specific characteristic is considered to govern the tribological behavior between a paper-based friction material and a mating steel surface.
In this paper, the effects of porosity and resiliency on the friction characteristics and heat resistance of paper-based friction materials were studied.
Significant direction was obtained by the experimental data of this study, which may be adapted to the design of friction plate materials.
|Technical Paper||The Relationship Between Porosity and Mechanical Strength in Paper-Based Friction Materials|
|Technical Paper||Lubricants Formulation Technology for Fuel Saving Performance in Automatic Transmissions|
CitationMatsumoto, T., "A Study of the Influence of Porosity and Resiliency of a Paper-Based Friction Material on the Friction Characteristics and Heat Resistance of the Material," SAE Technical Paper 932924, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/932924.
- Eguchi M. Takesue M. Yamamoto T. Friction Characteristics of a Paper-Based Facing for a Wet Clutch Journal of Japanese Society of Tribologists 36 7 1991 535 542
- Shigley J. E. Mischke C. R. Bearings and Lubrication McGraw-Hill 1990 1 7
- Noguchi S. A Study of Friction Characteristics of Paper-Based Friction Plates NSK Technical Report No. 493051
- Kanzawa A. Hasetani M. Porous Material Handbook IPC Inc. 1988 28 31
- Huang Z. Q. Kuwayama H. Ito H. Yamamoto T. A Study on Friction Characteristics of a Paper-Based Facing for a Wet Clutch (Part 1) 31st Annual Meeting of Japan Society of Lubrication Engineers 1986 405 408
- Yamamoto T. Obara S. Yamagishi N. Shimamura T. A Study on Friction Characteristics of a Paper-Based Facing for a Wet Clutch (Part 2) 31st Annual Meeting of Japan Society of Lubrication Engineers 1986 409 412
- Miyoshi T. Friction Characteristics of Paper-Based Friction Materials Journal of Japanese Society of Tribologists 36 12 1991 952 955
- Anderson A. E. Friction and Wear of Paper Type Wet Friction Elements SAE Paper 720521 1972
- Ting L. L. Engagement Behavior of Lubricated Porous Annular Disks (Part 1) Wear 34 2 1975 159 182