This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
EMC Susceptibility Testing of a CAN Car
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A Rover car equipped with a Controller Area Network (CAN) system was tested for radio frequency susceptibilities in the Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) chamber at Rover Gaydon Test Centre. The system consisted of four electronic control units linked together using a serial network (CAN) to share signal information. The car was configured in turn with two different types of twisted pair wire and a flat pair for the CAN data bus. Each type of wire was tested in the chamber at a range of frequencies and with various antenna positions. The CAN data was collected and stored on a commercially available personal computer (PC) based network analyzer for later analysis to determine bus latency under EMC error conditions.
|Technical Paper||Network Architecture for CAN|
|Technical Paper||Real Time Tire Pressure Electronic Monitoring System with Dashboard Possibilities|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Physical Layer, 250 Kbps, Twisted Shielded Pair|
CitationMcLaughlin, R., "EMC Susceptibility Testing of a CAN Car," SAE Technical Paper 932866, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/932866.
- ISO DRAFT STANDARD Road Vehicles - Interchange of Digital Information - Controller Area Network (CAN) for High Speed Communication (ISO/DIS 11898) 25 February 1992
- 82526 Serial Communications Controller Architectural Overview Intel Application Note January 1989
- Eisele Harald CAN Physical Layer Concepts for the P8xC592 Microcontroller Philips Application Note December 1991
- Rover Engineering Standard EMC Immunity to external electromagnetic field Whole vehicle test September 1990
- Association des Constructeurs Europeens D'Automobiles (ACEA) Revised EMC Amending Directive 31 May 1991
- Informatik und Mikro Electronik (I+ME) CAN/NetAna Users Manual Revision 2.10
- Kiencke U. Dals S. Litschel M. Automotive Serial Controller Area Network SAE Paper 860391 1986