This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Cruise Control System Using Adaptive Control Theory
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Several methods have been studied by using adaptive control in order to tune parameters of the cruise control automatically. But theoretical analysis has not been done by the reason of severe non-linearity. In this paper, a vehicle dynamics model is made with theoretical analysis, and two adaptive control methods to assist the conventional PID controller are proposed.
CitationHarada, Y., Miyata, H., Hayakawa, Y., and Fujii, S., "Cruise Control System Using Adaptive Control Theory," SAE Technical Paper 931917, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/931917.
- Nakamura K. “Application of Microprocessor to Cruise-Control System,” IEEE Trans. IE-30 2 108 113 May 1983
- Miyata Y. et al. “Present and Future of Cruise Control Systems,” JSAE Review 11 3 37 44 1990
- Kato T. et al. “Automotive Cruise Control Using Self-Tuning Regulator,” Proc. IPC-6 1 841 846 1991
- Liubakka M.K. et al. “Adaptive Automotive Speed Control,” Proc Am Control Conf 1991 1 439 440 1991
- Ishida A. et al. SAE Paper 920159
- Harada Y. “Cruise Control,” TOYOTA Technical Review 43 1 1993