This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Numerical Simulation of the Gas Exchange in Two-Stroke Passenger Car Gasoline Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Two-stroke engine gas exchange simulation requires several significant code modifications in comparison to standard four-stroke application. This paper describes the present work based on the PROMO code. Important features currently modelled are a scavenging model, a crank case model and a reed valve model. First results based on calculations for a crank case scavenged engine show the present state of the code and the influence of some design parameters on the engine performance.
CitationBrohmer, A. and Meyer, J., "Numerical Simulation of the Gas Exchange in Two-Stroke Passenger Car Gasoline Engines," SAE Technical Paper 931904, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/931904.
- Cumming, B.S. Aachen 1991
- Eggert, U. Schulz, R. Dresden 1993
- Sher, E. Modeling the Scavenging Process in the Two-Stroke Engine-An Overview SAE 890414
- Blair, G.P. Hinds, E.T. Fleck, R. Predicting the Performance Characteristics of Two-Cycle Engines Fitted with Reed Induction Valves SAE 790842
- Landfahrer, K. Plohberger, D. Alten, H. Mikulic, L. Thermodynamic Analysis and Optimization of Two-Stroke Gasoline Engines SAE 890415
- Stromberg, H.J. 1977
- Seifert, H. 1978
- Brohmer, A.M. Meyer, J. Numerical Simulation and Comparison of Different Intake and Exhaust Port Concepts for Multivalve Engines 2nd International Conference Fluid Mechanics, Combustion, Emmisions and Reliability in Reciprocating Engines Capri, Italy 1992
- Linnhoff, H.-J. Peters, A. Schindler, P. 1987
- Fleck, R. Blair, G.P. Houston, R.A.R. An Improved Model for Predicting Reed Valve Behaviour in Two-Stroke Cycle Engines SAE 871654
- Sweeney, M.E.G. Swann, G.B.G. Kenny, R.G. Blair, G. P. Computational Fluid Dynamics Applied to Two-Stroke Engine Scavenging SAE 851519
- Schindler, P. Linnhoff, H.J. Ford Project Report Linnhoff Software GmbH Bochum 1992