This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Experimental and Simulational Analysis on Drum Brake Squeal by Structurally Closed-Loop Coupling Model
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, the structurally closed loop coupling model of drum brake squeal is established on the basis of experimental study. The relevant equations of structural dynamics have been derived by applying Hamilton Principle, moreover; the model for numerical computation is formed. And the influence of structural parameters, especially that of structure of brake backplate, upon the drum brake squeal is studied in detail through computational analysis. The results of the theoretical study is consistent with that of experimental study quite well. Both the experimental study and theoretical study have proved that the brake squeal of the drum brake system studied in this paper can be suppressed through stiffening the brake backplate. It is pointed out that the structural parameter matching between brake drum substructure and the brake backplate, brake shoe, brake operation system and brake pump substructure is very important to drum brake squeal.
|Technical Paper||Study of a Method for Reducing Drum Brake Squeal|
|Technical Paper||An Investigation of Low Frequency Drum Brake Noise|
|Technical Paper||Geometric Induced Instability in Drum Brakes|
CitationXinchao, Z. and Dihua, G., "The Experimental and Simulational Analysis on Drum Brake Squeal by Structurally Closed-Loop Coupling Model," SAE Technical Paper 931879, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/931879.
- Xinchao Zhu “Simulation of Structurally closed loop model and experimental study on drum brake squeal” Tsinghua University Oct. 1991
- dihua Guan Xinchao Zhu chengbo “study of structural noise on drum brake system” automobile engineering in china 3 1993
- shixiong chen “study on drum brake squeal” Tsinghua University sep. 1988
- Felske A. “A Study on Drum Brake Noise by Holographic analysis” SAE Paper 800221
- Okamura “Study on the Brake Noise(1st Report on Drum Brake Squeal)” 54 497 Jan. 1988 166 174
- Xiaoyue Chen Dihua Guan Xiaodong Wang -A Study on Drum Brake Judder” Proceedings of the fifth IPC on automotive Engineering