This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Mathematical Simulation of the Transient Performance of a Petrol Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A comprehensive computer simulation has been developed to predict the transient performance of a spark ignition engine. The model has been tuned to fit experimental data obtained from tests upon a FORD SIERRA engine. The potential of the model as an aid to engine design and development is illustrated by means of predictions of the effects of changes in moment of inertia and ignition advance.
CitationMa, J., Allen, R., and Bowen, R., "Mathematical Simulation of the Transient Performance of a Petrol Engine," SAE Technical Paper 930855, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/930855.
- Booth T.J. Allen R. Bowen R.J. System Identification of Petrol Engine Dynamics, 301-306, Proceedings of 1st UK Seminar on Condition Monitoring and Diagnostic Engineering Management Birmingham 19-21 Sept. 1988 Kogan Rao, Rajbkn & Hope AD
- Ma J. Gu H A Mathematical simulation and Test to Transient Performance of Turbo-Charged Diesel Engine, International Off-Highway & Powerplant Congress and Exposition Milwaukee, Wis. SAE Paper No 901671 1990
- Woschni G. A Universal Applicable Equation for the Instantaneous Heat Transfer Coefficient in the Internal Combustion Engine, SAE International congress and Exposition Detroit, Mich. SAE Paper No. 670931 1967
- Xi'an Jiaotong University The Principles of Internal Combustion Engine Agricultural Machinery Press of China 1981
- Ramos J.I. Internal Combustion Engine Modeling Hemisphere Publishing Corporation 1989
- Wiebe I. Halbempirische Formel dur die Verbrennungsgeschwindigkeit, in Kraftstoffaufbereitung und Verbrennung bei Dieselmotoren Springer-Verlag 1964
- Ma J. A Mathematical Simulation and Study on Transient Performance of Turbo-charged Diesel Engine Shanghai Jiaotong University Master degree thesis 1982
- Benson R.S. Whitehouse N.D. Internal Combustion Engine 1 Pergamon Press 1979