This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Prediction and Measurement of Combustion Limit of Gaseous Fuel Mixed with Air in Intake Pipe of Diesel Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The art of supplementary-fueling diesel engines by feeding certain gaseous fuel is well-known technique for improving the engine's smoke limited output. The thermal efficiency of these engines strongly depend on the combustion limit of the gaseous fuel around the gasoil spray.
In this paper the lean limit of the gaseous fuel around the gasoil sprays in the diesel engine is measured by OFT technique. The measured combustion limit agrees with the estimated value from the numerical model developed by the authors.
CitationSaegusa, Y., Tanaka, J., and Korematsu, K., "Prediction and Measurement of Combustion Limit of Gaseous Fuel Mixed with Air in Intake Pipe of Diesel Engines," SAE Technical Paper 930759, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/930759.
- Karim G. A. Wierzba I. “Comparative Studies of Methane and Propane as Fuels for Spark Ignition and Compression Ignition Engines” SAE Paper 831196 1983
- Varde K. A. “Propane Fumigation in a Direct Injection Type Diesel Engine” SAE Paper No. 831354 1983
- Sakaguchi et al. “Particulate formation in Diesel Engine 1992-3 183
- Zabetakis, M. G. “Flammability Characteristics of Combustible Gases and Vapors” Bulletin 627 Bureau of Mines
- Whitehouse, N. D. Way, R. J. B. “A Simple Method for the Calculation of Heat Release Rates in Diesel Engines Based on Fuel Injection Rate” SAE Paper No. 710134 1971
- Whitehouse, N. D. Sareen, B. K. “Prediction of Heat Release in a Quiescent Chamber Diesel Engines Allowing for Fuel/Air Mixing” SAE Paper No.740054 1974
- Kumar K. Gajendra Babu M. K. Gaur R. R. Garg R. D. “A Thermodynamic Simulation Model for a Four Stroke Medium Speed Diesel Engine” SAE Paper 840516 1984