This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Performance Tests of a Large-Roll Chassis Dynamometer with AC Flux-Vector PEU and Friction-Compensated Bearings
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Performance testing was done on a 1.219 m (48 in) roll diameter chassis dynamometer to validate its compliance with EPA specifications. The testing procedure and results are presented. Tests include time, speed, acceleration and torque calibration verification, load control response time, parasitic loss compensation and stability, base mechanical inertia verification, road load curve simulation and repeatability, automatic road coastdown coefficient matching, and overall simulation accuracy during severe acceleration and emission test cycles. These testing methods provide an objective and comprehensive evaluation of chassis roll dynamometer performance.
CitationMears, W., D'Angelo, S., and Paulsell, C., "Performance Tests of a Large-Roll Chassis Dynamometer with AC Flux-Vector PEU and Friction-Compensated Bearings," SAE Technical Paper 930392, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/930392.
- “Summary of Calibration Procedures for an Electro-Mechanical Road Load Simulation Dynamometer for Presentation at ISO/TC22/SC5/WG2” Consine Dynamics, Ltd. Chesterfield, England January 1979
- Steeper D. W. “A New Inertia Control For Dynamometers” General Electric Bulletin #GER-1503 IE-1030.6120 3-58
- McLean J. R. Odegaard M. D. “A Means Of Calculating Level Road Traction Requirements” SAE Technical Paper #536A June 1962
- D'Angelo Severino “Dynamometer” Assignee Horiba Instruments, Inc. May 4 1982
- D'Angelo Severino Gafford R. D. “Feed-Forward Dynamometer Controller for High Speed Inertia Simulation” SAE Technical Paper # 810749 June 1981
- Mears W. G. “Operation and Calibration of Chassis Roll Dynamometers” SAE Passenger Car & Light Duty Vehicle Fuel Economy Measurement Committee Minutes Sept 17 1979
- D'Angelo Severino Gafford R. D. “Real Time Inertia and Road Load Monitors for Computer-Controlled Electric Dynamometers” Notes from oral presentation to SAE June 1981
- “Specifications for Electric Chassis Dynamometers” U. S. Environmental Protection Agency 6 5 91
- D'Angelo Severino “Frictionless Bearing Chassis Dynamometer” 1992
- D'Angelo Severino Mears William G. Brownell Charles L. “A Chassis Dynamometer With AC Flux-vector PEU and Friction-compensated Bearings” SAE Technical Paper #93 ---- March 2 1993