This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Adaptive Control of Individual Cylinder Ignition Timing for Improvement of Idle Stability
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a technique for the improvement of the idle stability on a spark ignition engine through the adaptive control of the individual cylinder ignition timing. In many causes that affect the idle stability, the difference in the torque production between cylinders has been a matter of concern. The engine speed has been sampled 220 times per a cycle and the average angular acceleration has been calculated from it. In this research, the average angular acceleration has been characterized by nonuniform torque production among cylinders. The control system has been designed to keep the average angular acceleration constant.
|Technical Paper||Recent Advances in Ignition and Control Technology for Stationary Industrial Engines|
|Technical Paper||Electronic Engine Control Systems for the Smaller Passenger Car|
|Technical Paper||Fault Detection and Diagnosis (FDD) on a Knock Sensor|
CitationPark, J., Park, K., Lee, J., and Kauh, S., "Adaptive Control of Individual Cylinder Ignition Timing for Improvement of Idle Stability," SAE Technical Paper 930315, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/930315.
- Lee Jong Hwa “A Study on the Characteristics of Cycle by Cycle Variation of Combustion in Spark Ignition Engine,” Seoul National University 1988
- Hands T. “Flame speed standardization between cylinders by feedback control of individual fuel injector pulse width,” IMechE 1988
- Park Kyoung Seok “A Study on the Air-Fuel Ratio Control in an MPI Engine,” Seoul National University 1990
- Mihelc William P. Citron Stephen J. “An On-Line Engine Roughness Measurement Technique,” SAE 840136
- Mihelc William P. Citron Stephen J. “An Adaptive Idle Mode Control System,” SAE 840443
- Yamaguchi Hiroshi “Analysis on Idle Speed Stability in Port Fuel Injection Engines,” SAE 861389
- Mauer Georg F. “On Line Cylinder Diagnostics on Combustion Engines by Noncontact Torque and Speed Mesurements,” SAE 890485
- Citron Stephen J. “Cylinder by Cylinder Engine Pressure and Pressure Torque Waveform Determination Utilizing Speed Fluctuations,” SAE 890486
- Sztenderowicz Mark L. “Cycle to Cycle IMEP Fluctuations in a Stoichiometrically Fueled S.I. Engine at Low Speed and Load,” SAE 902143