This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation as a Standard Approach for Development, Customization, and Production Test
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Hardware-in-the-loop simulation may become a standard tool for the development of electronic or mechanical automotive components. A single component or even a whole vehicle can be replaced by mathematical models simulated in real time on small and cost-effective hardware systems, while other components which need testing or are just part of the test setup, are connected to the simulation in a closed-loop configuration. Increased experience and advances in software and hardware make this technology very attractive. Typical examples demonstrate how it can not only reduce field tests, but also make formerly unfeasible experiments practical. Some of the software and hardware issues are also discussed.
|Technical Paper||DSP-Based Automotive Sensor Signal Generation for Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation|
|Technical Paper||Advances in Desktop Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation|
CitationHanselmann, H., "Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation as a Standard Approach for Development, Customization, and Production Test," SAE Technical Paper 930207, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/930207.
- Kempf D. Bonderson L.S. Slafer L.I. ‘Real Time Simulation for Application to ABS Development’ SAE paper 870336 1987
- Bach Th. ‘Real-Time simulation in anti lock brake system development based on a personal computer’ VDI-Berichte 974 VDI Verlag Düsseldorf 1992 dSPACE GmbH
- Ochner U. Hennecke D. ‘Hardware in the loop put into practice and applied to the development of suspensions’ VDI-Berichte 974 VDI Verlag Düsseldorf 1992
- Jäker K.-P. ‘Entwicklung realisierbarer hierarchischer Kompensatorstrukturen für lineare Mehrgrössensysteme mittels CAD’ VDI-Berichte 243 VDI Verlag Düsseldorf 1991
- Hanselmann H. ‘Present Status and Future Tendency of DSP Technology’ JSME seminar on ‘Control of Motion and Vibration Based upon Advanced Theory with DSP’ Tokyo 1992 dSPACE GmbH
- Wittenburg J. Wolz U. Schmidt A. ‘MESA VERDE - A General-purpose Program Package for Symbolical Dynamics Simulations of Multibody Systems’ W. Schiehlen Multibody Systems Springer Verlag 1990