This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
New Architectures for Space Power Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 03, 1992 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Electric power generation and conditioning have experienced revolutionary development over the past two decades. Furthermore, new materials such as high energy magnets and high temperature superconductors are either available or on the horizon. Our work is based on the promise that new technologies are an important driver of new power system concepts and architectures. This observation is born out by the historical evolution of power systems both in terrestrial and aerospace applications.
This paper will introduce new approaches to designing space power systems by using several new technologies.
CitationEhsani, M., Patton, A., and Biglic, O., "New Architectures for Space Power Systems," SAE Technical Paper 929329, 1992, https://doi.org/10.4271/929329.
- Capel, A. O'Sullivan D. Marpinard J. “High Power Conditioning for Space Applications,” Proceedings of the IEEE 76 4 391 1988
- Chetty, P.K. “New power processor interfaces MMS power module outputs,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems 23 311 316 1987
- Nelms, R. M. Grisby L.L. “Simulation of DC Spacecraft power systems,” IEEE trans. on Aerospace and Electronic Systems 25 1 January 1989
- Krauthamer, S. “State-of-the-art of DC components for secondary power distribution on Space Station Freedom,” Applied Power Electronics Conference Records 1990
- Forsyth, E. B. “The 60 Hz performance of superconducting power transmission cables rated for 333 MVA per phase,” IEEE Trans. on Power Apparatus and Systems 103 8 2023 2033 1984
- Ehsani, M. Kustom, R. L. Converter Circuits for Superconductive Magnetic Energy Storage Texas A&M University Press 1988
- Ehsani, M. Husain, I. Bilgiç M. O. “Inverse Dual Converter (IDC) for High Power DC-DC Applications,” IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference Records 814 821 1990
- Rose-Innes, A.C. Rhoderick, E.H. Introduction to Superconductivity Pergamon Press
- Ariga, T, Ishiyama, A. “A two-phase full-wave superconducting rectifier” IEEE Trans. on Magnetics 25 2 1815 1818 1989
- Mawardi, O.K. Gattozzi, A.I. Ferendeci, A.M. “High voltage superconducting switch for power applications” IEEE Trans. on Magnetics 19 3 1067 1070 1983
- Gyugyi, I. Pelly, B.R. Static Power Frequency Changers J. Wiley and Sons 1976