This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Concept of Waste Transferring Mechanisms
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 01, 1992 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Recycling human and animal excreta is an important part of the proposed Closed Ecology Experiment Facility (CEEF) in Japan. This paper introduces a conceptual design for the waste collection and transfer system. Mineral-rich wastes such as urine and wool grease must be separated from other wastes to recover the minerals. Solids and liquids also require separate handling methods. Our design uses inclined conveyer belts to separate feces and urine. A fluorocarbon polymer coating prevents wastes from sticking to the belt. In-line freezers are used to solidify liquid wastes and retard premature decomposition. A summary of available data on animal excreta is included, but there is a distinct shortage of useful information. This data is insignificant for usual biology or animal husbandry, but is essential for designing the self-contained environment.
|Technical Paper||Using Polyester Fibers for Improving Acoustics and Saving Weight in Automotive Applications|
|Technical Paper||Recycling Options for Automotive Shredder Residue|
CitationShiraishi, A. and Nitta, K., "Concept of Waste Transferring Mechanisms," SAE Technical Paper 921239, 1992, https://doi.org/10.4271/921239.
- William S.S. Handbook of Biological Data W.B.Saunders Company 1956
- Nagasawa H. Fujiwara K. Maejima K. Matsushita H. Yamada J. Yokoyama A. Handbook of laboratory animals (in Japanese) Youkendo Ltd. 1983
- Broom D.M. The encyclopaedia of Animals Equinox (Oxford) Ltd. 1986
- Tajima Y. Biological Reference Data book on Experimental Animals (in Japanese) ISBN4-88171-014-2C3047 Softscience Ltd. 1989
- Maejima K. Esaki K. Shinoda M. Yamauchi C. Mitsuoka T. Sugano S. Tsuji S. Doi K. New Experimental Animals (in Japanese) ISBN4-254-46014-7C3061 Asakurashoten Ltd. 1986
- Naitou M. The encyclopaedia of animal husbandry (in Japanese) Youkendo Ltd. 1989
- NASA-CR-166420 1982