This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Thermal Design of a Liquid Droplet Radiator
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 01, 1992 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Liquid Droplet Radiators (LDR) are among the most novel light weight heat exchangers for space applications. Rejected heat flux over mass ratio up to 1.4 kW/kg can be acheived provided that accurate optimization of the global system is performed.
In this work a straightforward calculation procedure is proposed to evaluate the heat rejection performances of an LDR sheet. Thank to its short calculation time, the procedure is suitable to be employed in complex optimization algorithms.
|Journal Article||A Comparison between One- and Two-Loop ATCS Architectures Proposed for CEV|
|Technical Paper||Numerical Methodology for Automotive Radiator and Condenser Simulations|
CitationTagliafico, L. and Devia, F., "Thermal Design of a Liquid Droplet Radiator," SAE Technical Paper 921205, 1992, https://doi.org/10.4271/921205.
- Aeritalia Hybrid radiaytor Technology Study Final Report TORINO 1990
- Mattick, A.T. Hertzberg. A. Lquid Droplet Radiator for Heat Rejection in Space J of Energy 5 o 6 387 393 1981
- Beals, G. et alii Lightweight Nuclear-Powered OTV Utilizing a Liquid Drplet Radiator AIAA Paper n o 83-1346 1983
- Siegel, R. Howell, J.R. Thermal Radiation Heat Transfer second Hemisphere Publishing Corp. Washington D.C. 564 611 1981
- Siegel, R. Transient Radiative Cooling of a Droplet-Filled Layer Journal of Heat Transfer 109 o 1 159 164 1987
- Siegel, R. Separation of variable Solution for Nonlinear Radiative Cooling Internatoinal Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 30 o 5 959 965 1987
- Siegel, R. Radiative Cooling of a Layer With Nonuniform Velocity--A Separable Solution Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer 1 o 3 228 232 1987
- Brown, R.F. Kosson, R. Liquid Droplet Radiator Sheet Design Considerations, Advanced Energy systems - Their Role in Our Future 1 American Nuclear Society La Grange Park, Illinois 330 338 1984
- White, K.A. III Liquid Droplet Radiator Development Status AIAA Paper 87-1537 1987
- Rayleigh, Proc. Lond. Math. Soc. 10 o 4 1878
- Gulino, D.A. Coles, C.E. Oxigen Plasma Effect on Several Liquid Droplet Radiator Fluids J. of Spacecrafts 25 o 2 1988