This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Cylinder Pressure Sensor for Internal Combustion Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1992 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A cylinder pressure sensor using a piezoelectric element which has high temperature resistance has been developed. The thickness shear mode in the element was utilized so as to diminish the pyroelectric effect. A ceramic pressure transfer pin inserted between the piezoelectric element and the stainless steel diaphragm is capable of shielding the heat from the diaphragm of high temperatures and also of insulating electrically the element from the housing. The characteristics of our sensor were evaluated by means of a hydraulic pressure generator and test engine. Our sensor outputs showed good matching with the reference pressure sensor outputs.
|Technical Paper||Numerical Modeling of the Dynamic Transport of Multi-Component Exhaust Gases in Oxygen Sensors|
|Technical Paper||Piston-Ring Assembly Friction Modeling by Similarity Analysis|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Hydraulic Cylinder Integrity Test|
CitationKusakabe, H., Okauchi, T., and Takigawa, M., "A Cylinder Pressure Sensor for Internal Combustion Engine," SAE Technical Paper 920701, 1992, https://doi.org/10.4271/920701.
- Hata Y. and Asano M. “New Trends in Electronic Engine Control To the New Stage”,SAE Paper 860592, 1986.
- PestanaGregg W.., “Engine Control Methods Using Combustion Pressure Feedback”,SAE Paper 890758, 1989.
- Fujii I. et. al., “MBT Control Utilizing Crank Angle of Maximum Combustion Pressure”,SAE Paper 890759, 1989.
- Winter H. and Mock R. and Meixner H.., “A High Temperature Pressure Sensor for The Combustion Chamber of Spark Ignition Engines”,18th Int Symp Automot Technol Autom 1988 Vol.2, 88103.I,1-10 1988.
- AnastasiaCharles M. and PestanaGregg W..,“A Cylinder Pressure Sensor for Closed Loop Engine Control”,SAE Paper 870288, 1987.
- Ikegami S. and Ueda I. and Nagata T. “Piezoelectric Properties of PbTiO3 Ceramics”,Electronics and Communication Engineers of Japan, 55C(3),165,1972.
- Ichinose N. et. al., “Electroceramics”,Gihoudou Japan, 1984.