This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Programming of a Multiaxial Stress-Strain Model for Fatigue Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1992 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The formulation of an isotropic-kinematic hardening model with a continuous yield surface field is briefly reviewed. Particular emphasis is focused on the redistribution of the yield surface field as a result of plastic loading. It is demonstrated that successive yield surface field redistributions can be concisely recorded by tracking the positions of a very small number of yield surfaces even under a complicated loading history. A FORTRAN program is then developed based on the model with the simple von Mises type of yield criterion. Applications to analysis of some biaxial tests on thin-walled tubes of SAE1045 steels show good agreements between the predicted and measured stress results.
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Metric Yoke Type Rod Ends|
|Technical Paper||Variable Amplitude History Editing and Accelerated Testing of SAE 1045 Steel|
CitationChu, C., "Programming of a Multiaxial Stress-Strain Model for Fatigue Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 920662, 1992, https://doi.org/10.4271/920662.
- Ziegler, H. “A Modification of Prager's Hardening Rule,” Q. Appl. Math. 17 1959 55 65
- Valanis, K. C. “Continuum Foundations of Endochronic Plasticity,” J. Engng. Mater. Technol. Tran. ASME 106 1984 367 375
- Krieg, R. D. “A Practical Two Surface Plasticity Theory,” J. Appl. Mech. 42 1975 641 646
- McDowell, D. L. “A Two Surface Model for Transient Nonproportional Cyclic Plasticity,” J. Appl. Mech. 52 1985 298 308
- Mróz, Z. “On the Description of Anisotropic Work-Hardening,” J. Mech. Phys. Solids 15 1967 163 175
- Chu, C.-C. “A Three-Dimensional Model of Anisotropic Hardening in Metals and Its Application to the Analysis of Sheet Metal Formability,” J. Mech. Phys. Solics 32 1984 197 212
- Subramanian, S. “Strain-Path Influence on Multiaxial Fatigue,” The University of Toledo 1990
- Tipton, S. M. “Multiaxial Fatigue Life Predictions for the SAE Specimen Using Stress (Strain) Based Approaches,” Multiaxial Fatigue: Analysis and Experiments SAE AE-14 61 80 1989
- Chu, C.-C. Conle, F. A. Bonnen, J. J. F. “Multiaxial Stress-Strain Modeling and Fatigue Life Prediction of SAE Axle Shafts,” Symposium on Multiaxial Fatigue ASTM San Diego 1991