This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Portable Occupant Digitization System (PODS): A Tool for Seated Anthropometry
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1992 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A need was identified by those involved in the seating development process for an improved method of collecting anthropometric data on individuals. This paper documents the objectives, resulting hardware and experimental procedures of an anthropometer developed utilizing a new technology. The anthropometer described is more portable and collects data faster and more easily than previously available tools, with greater accuracy and confidence † in the results.
|Technical Paper||The Application of Anthropometry to Automotive Design|
|Technical Paper||Design and Development of the ASPECT Manikin|
|Journal Article||Development of a Methodology for Simulating Seat Back Interaction Using Realistic Body Contours|
CitationMullins, T., Swamy, B., and Vértiz, A., "A Portable Occupant Digitization System (PODS): A Tool for Seated Anthropometry," SAE Technical Paper 920495, 1992, https://doi.org/10.4271/920495.
- Roebuck M.S. Jr.,, Kroemer, K.H.E., and Thomson, W.G., Engineering Anthropometry Methods, John Wiley and Sons, 1975.
- Pheasant, S., Body Space, Anthropometry, Ergonomics, and Design, Taylor and Francis,1988.
- Kyropulus,P., Roe, R., The Application of Anthropometry to Automotive Design, SAE paper number700553, 1970.
- Weight, Height, and Selected Body Dimensions of Adults, United States, 1960-1962. US Department of Health, Education and Welfare, Washington D.C., Public Health Service, National Center for Health Statistics, Public Health Service Publication no. 1000 series 11, no. 8.
- Bullock, M.I. and Harley, I.A., “The Measurement of 3D Body Movements by the Use of Photogrammetry,” Ergonomics, 1972 15(3), pp 309-322.
- Expert Vision Motion Analysis System, Motion Analysis Corporation, 3650 North Laughlin Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95403.
- Hertzberg, H.T.E., Dupertuis, C.W. and Emanual, I., “Stereo-Photogrammetry as an Anthropometric Tool,” Photogrammetric Engineering, December 1957
- FARO Medical Technologies., Orlando, Florida.