This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Compact Energy Recovery Units for Vehicular Gas Turbines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1992 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes the results of efforts sponsored by the German government to develop a compact exhaust gas recuperator for the gas turbine engine of a heavy military vehicle.
The power pack for the new generation of modern armoured tracked vehicles requires optimized recuperator dimensions and short interconnecting ducts to comply with the installation requirements.
Extensive analytical and experimental research work concerning heat transfer and fluid dynamics, thermo-mechanical behaviour, fatigue and shock dynamics has led to a broad technology basis and an advanced heat exchanger design.
The high power density as well as the mechanical reliablity of the profile tube matrix concept have been demonstrated in numerous test series with characteristic matrix elements and prototypes.
|Technical Paper||Time-Dependent Analysis of the Regenerative Engine Cycle|
|Technical Paper||Numerical and Experimental Investigation of the Thermal Behavior of a Complete Exhaust System|
|Technical Paper||Scroll Compressor Wall Strength Improvement|
CitationPellischek, G. and Reile, E., "Compact Energy Recovery Units for Vehicular Gas Turbines," SAE Technical Paper 920151, 1992, https://doi.org/10.4271/920151.
- DuffyR.J.; HowerG.K. Turbine Propulsion for Heavy Armoured Vehicles AIAA Paper 87-1911 (1987)
- EggebrechtR.; SchlosserW. Kompakter Hochtemperatur-Wärmetauscher für Wellenleistungsgasturbinen Motortechn.Z. 47, pp.235-241 (1986)
- PellischekG.; KumpfB. Compact Heat Exchanger Technology for Aero Engines ISABE Paper 91-7019 (1991)
- MerkerG.P.; HankeH. Measurements of local mass transfer coefficients and pressure distribution along the shell-side of oval shaped tubes in crossflow heat exchangers Heat Transfer, Vol.6, pp.2721-2726 (1986)
- McDonaldC.F. Gas turbine recuperator renaissance Heat Recovery Systems, Vol.10, N°1, pp.1-30 (1990)